Test Proctoring Policies and Procedures for Students and Instructors
785-825-4624. Ask for the Information Desk.
Tests will be administered on library computers. There is no enclosed area for testing. While staff will keep noise to a minimum, a quiet environment cannot be guaranteed. Students easily distracted may want to make other arrangements.In order to utilize Salina Public Library's Proctoring Services ...
- Submit a Proctor Request Form prior to making any appointments for exams.
Be sure that your proctored exam will be taken on the computer. We will no longer proctor paper tests.
Submit any forms your school requires to the Information Services staff at the beginning of the semester.
Schedule an appointment using the library’s reservation calendar found here. All mandatory fields must be filled in or your reservation will not be accepted. All appointments are during weekdays. No proctoring is done during evenings or weekends.
Make appointments one week in advance to allow time for the library to receive the needed information from the testing institution. Keep in mind that proctor sessions will display on the calendar even if they are full. Therefore it is advisable to schedule a session as early in the semester as possible.
Make sure prior to the exam date that the software your instructor will be using is compatible with the software available at the library. Library computers will not be modified to accommodate online tests.
Provide a current I.D.
- Provide your own supplies such as scratch paper, pencils, USB drives, calculators, etc.
- Be sure to include instructions pertaining to whether or not the student can have notes, textbooks, etc.
Instructors, please note:
- We will no longer proctor any paper exams. We will not proctor any tests that require us to fax, email, etc. If an instructor requests notification that the student did arrive and take the test, we will do that.
- We will observe the student during the exam, but we will not sit with the student as the test is being taken.
Updated June 2016