Interlibrary Loan for Salina Public Library Patrons
Give us a challenge. We will do our best to locate whatever you need whether it's available through another Kansas library or from a library across the nation. In-state requests may take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks depending upon availability. Out-of-state requests may take 4 weeks or longer.
1. Requests may be submitted in person at the library, by telephone or through the library website.
2. We will order up to 5 requests at one time. If more are submitted, please indicate which items you would like ordered first. Likewise, if they are part of a series please let us know if you want them in a certain sequence. We will order them accordingly.
3. Library accounts need to be in good standing.
4. Loan requests for items owned by SPL can be made only if our copy is long overdue or checked in, but missing.
5. When your item comes in, you will be notified by postcard or email and will have a week to pick it up.
6. Items must be checked out to the account of the person making the request.
7. ILL items normally check out for 2 weeks and most can be renewed for one more 2 week period. Renewals need to be done through ILL, the Circulation department or by submitting an online Interlibrary Loan Renewal Request.
8. Should an item be lost or damaged, you are responsible for paying for it. The cost is determined by the lending library, not SPL, and your account will be charged that amount. If an item is not returned and becomes long-overdue, your account could be turned over for collection.
If you have any questions, please contact Connie at 785.825.4624 ext. 232
Check the holdings of other Kansas libraries for materials you would like to request through Interlibrary Loan.
Requests for Interlibrary Loan
ILL - request a book, sound recording or non-fiction video.